Can Expungement Clean My Criminal Record in Pennsylvania?
If you have a criminal charge in Pennsylvania, it might be following you wherever you go. Every time you fill out a job application or apply for a loan. But does your criminal record have to be a life sentence? Not with expungement.
Speak to a criminal lawyer about expungement, and whether it’s an option for you.
A few of the factors that can lead to your charges being expunged in Pennsylvania include:
• Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD): If you have successfully completed ARD, you could be able to clear your record.
• Dropped charges or Not Guilty verdict: If the charges against you were dismissed or dropped or you were found not guilty, you could be able to expunge the charge.
• Minor status: If you were charged with a crime as a juvenile, you could be eligible to clear your criminal record.
• Underage Drinking: If you are 21 years of age or older, you could be eligible for expungement for an underage drinking charge from when you were younger
• Summary Convictions: If you have been convicted by a guilty verdict for or plea to a Summary Offense and meet other criteria, you could be eligible to have your record cleared.
• Age: If you are over 70 years old and meet other certain criteria, your record could be eligible for expungement.
In fact, hundreds of people with a criminal record recently attended an expungement clinic at the Fifth Ex-Offenders Expo at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
If you are worried about a criminal charge in your past ruining your future, please contact one of our criminal lawyers to learn about expungement.