Experienced Child Custody Lawyer In Mechanicsburg, PA
Every state has its own unique set of child custody laws. If you or someone you know is facing a legal matter related to child custody, it’s important to find an experienced child custody lawyer who has handled many cases in the state and local area in which you reside. Experience is invaluable and can have a significant impact on your legal rights to see your child or children.
If you are looking for an experienced Mechanicsburg child custody lawyer, you want to work with Colgan & Associates. We are dedicated to fighting for outcomes that are in the best interests of our clients, the children and the family as a whole. Through extensive experience, our family lawyers know the right questions to ask and how to present your case for a fair and favorable outcome.
Facts About Child Custody
As it pertains to child custody laws in Pennsylvania, there are several important facts you should keep in mind.
- Child custody does not always favor the mother.
- In awarding child custody, Pennsylvania courts determine what is in “the best interests of the child” to make their decision.
- The courts must consider 16 factors that may affect the child’s physical, mental, emotional, and developmental well-being.
- Parents, grandparents, persons who stand in place of the parent and great-grandparents can seek custody rights in some instances.
- At the age of 18 a child can decide with which parent to reside. Younger than 18, a child can express a well reasoned preference, but ultimately the judge hearing the case will decide how much weight to give the child’s preference.
Of course, there is much additional information you will need to know, based upon the circumstances of your child custody case. For this reason, you should work with an experienced Child Custody Lawyer in Mechanicsburg PA who understands the state’s laws and how they may impact your case.
Benefits Of Hiring Colgan & Associates As Your Child Custody Lawyer In Mechanicsburg
When it comes to selecting the child custody lawyer to handle your matter, you have a choice. There are a variety of family lawyers in Mechanicsburg, PA – each with different set of skills and levels of experience. We are confident in our team of family law attorneys and child custody lawyers. If you value any of these benefits, you would value working with Colgan & Associates:
- A lawyer who treats you like a member of his or her own family, giving you the same advice they would give a relative
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Pennsylvania’s child custody laws
- A track record of finding favorable resolutions for families, quickly and fairly
- Compassion for clients and a desire to see families work collaboratively to find solutions when possible but ready to fight for you when necessary
Book A Free Phone Consultation With Your Mechanicsburg Child Custody Lawyer Right Now
Would you like to speak to a live and local attorney who has the skill and experience to represent you in your child custody case? Then we want to hear from you! Contact Colgan & Associates today for your no-cost, no-obligation initial phone consultation to discuss your matter and learn what opportunities may be available to you. We look forward to hearing from you today. Call us at today.
Top Child Custody Blogs
For more information on topics related to child custody, be sure to check out the Colgan & Associates blog. Here are some articles that may be of interest to you:
- What is a Guardian Ad Litem in a Pennsylvania Child Custody Case?
- All in the Family – Pennsylvania Grandparent Adoptions
- Starting Over: Grandparent Custody in Pennsylvania