Experienced Child Custody Lawyer In York, PA
Are you or someone you know looking for an experienced child custody lawyer in York PA? There are several important factors you must consider when selecting the right attorney to fight for your child custody rights and work towards the most favorable outcome for you and your family.
Foremost, you need to find a child custody lawyer who knows the law and who has experience handling many child custody cases. Of equal importance is finding a lawyer who takes the time to understand your unique situation and the outcome you most desire for your family. There is never a one-size-fits-all solution to child custody, so you want to be sure your legal representation is attentive, responsive and dedicated to fighting for your rights.
Child Custody Lawyer Facts In Pennsylvania
There are several important facts you should keep in mind regarding Pennsylvania child custody cases:
- Child custody does not always favor the mother.
- In awarding child custody, Pennsylvania courts determine what is in “the best interests of the child” to make their decision.
- The courts must consider 16 factors that may affect the child’s physical, mental, emotional, and developmental well-being.
- Parents, grandparents, persons who stand in place of the parent and great-grandparents can seek custody rights in some instances.
- At the age of 18 a child can decide with which parent to reside. Younger than 18, a child can express a well reasoned preference, but ultimately the judge hearing the case will decide how much weight to give the child’s preference.
Of course, there is much additional information you will need to know, based upon the circumstances of your child custody case. For this reason, it is strongly advised to work with an experienced Child Custody Lawyer in York PA who understands the state’s laws and how they may impact your case.
Benefits Of Hiring Colgan & Associates As Your Child Custody Lawyer
It’s important to know that when you are navigating a child custody matter, you do not have to go it alone. Finding a child custody lawyer in York PA to guide you through every challenge and decision that may arise offers great peace of mind for you and your family.
At Colgan & Associates, we take pride in putting families first and helping them resolve their child custody matters quickly and fairly. We work hard to represent your rights and present you with all the solutions available to you so that you can arrive at the best possible outcome for your family.
Book A Free Phone Consultation With a York County Child Custody Lawyer Right Now
Our experienced York County child custody lawyers are happy to speak with you to further discuss your child custody related matter. We provide no-cost, no-obligation phone calls so that you can obtain the information and input you need to make a sound decision and move toward resolution. Contact us today to schedule your initial phone call with one of our trusted Child Custody Lawyers.
Top Child Custody Blogs
For more information on topics related to child custody, be sure to check out the Colgan & Associates blog. Here are some articles that may be of interest to you:
- Recent Changes in Grandparent’s Rights to Child Custody in Pennsylvania
- Children of High-Income Families Suffer More Through Divorce, Study Says
- Co-Parenting Infants & Very Young Children