Ask a Question

Citation / Summons

Am I entitled to the police report for a summary offence. The police Chief said NO, not until the court date IF THE JUDGE PERMITS IT

I feel that if I can read this report before I go to Magistrate court I can better understand what I need to do


1 Answer


Generally, under the Pennsylvania Rules of Criminal Procedure pertaining to discovery rights of Defendants, a person charged with a summary offense does not have the right to demand, copy or inspect police reports because the offense is not considered serious enough. However, every case and set of circumstances are different. There may be specific issues in your case that would be worth discussing in further detail. We offer free telephone consultations and are happy to discuss this issue or any other issue in more detail. Please call (717) 502-5000 to schedule a telephone consult.


All of the information on the Colgan & Associates, LLC web site is for informational purposes only. Merely visiting our websites does not create an attorney-clent relationship with the law offices of Colgan & Associates, LLC. Nothing placed upon this website is intended to be relied upon as legal advice. Our office accepts e-mails from parties that visit this website, but the sending of such e-mails does not create an attorney-client relationship and therefore these communications cannot be treated as privileged or confidential.

Contact Us

611 Gettysburg Pike, Suite 201
MechanicsburgPA 17055

Phone: (717) 502-5000