Ask a Question

Can I use an Interposal Transfer Deed in Pennsylvania?

My husband and I are getting divorced. We live in Ohio and were married in Ohio. We own our primary residence in Ohio and also 2 homes in Pennsylvania which we hold as rentals. We have never been to Pennsylvania and the homes were bought sight unseen as investments. The homes were to be my property but we put my both mine and my husband’s name on the deeds just in case he ever had to go to Pennsylvania and deal with anything regarding the properties. I am in real estate and buying the homes was my idea and my venture. He wants no part of the homes now and we are doing a marital settlement agreement were he is giving me the homes. My question is can I use an Interposal Transfer Deed in Pennsylvania? And, if so, is there a state specific form or can I use a generic one? Or should we just use a Quit Claim Deed to remove him from the titles? We will be using the Interposal Transfer Deed for the Ohio home. We are not familiar with the laws of Pennsylvania and want to make sure we do it right.




All of the information on the Colgan & Associates, LLC web site is for informational purposes only. Merely visiting our websites does not create an attorney-clent relationship with the law offices of Colgan & Associates, LLC. Nothing placed upon this website is intended to be relied upon as legal advice. Our office accepts e-mails from parties that visit this website, but the sending of such e-mails does not create an attorney-client relationship and therefore these communications cannot be treated as privileged or confidential.

Contact Us

611 Gettysburg Pike, Suite 201
MechanicsburgPA 17055

Phone: (717) 502-5000